The Organizing Committee of the 16th International Conference of the Asian Beekeepers Association invites you to participate in the activities of the conference and the accompanying exhibition, which is organized by the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture in cooperation with the Beekeepers Cooperative Association in Al Baha and in partnership with the Asian Beekeepers Association.
MAIN TOPICS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- The magnitude and impact of climate change on bees and beekeeping.
- Mitigation measures to cop up with climate change
- Integration of beekeeping with management and conservation of natural resource
- The role of beekeeping in combating climate changes
- Scientific based evidence supporting the nutritional, physiological and health claims of bee products.
- Preclinical research – safety, pharmacology and toxicology of bee products. Guidelines for medical applications.
- Clinical trials in apitherapy – doses, interactions, side effects (human and veterinary medicine). Update on the use of apitherapy in infectious diseases.
- Regulatory issues and clinical ethics related to the integration of apitherapy as TCM in healthcare systems.
- Bee genetics and development
- Bee nutrition and physiology
- Bee behavior (learning/cognition, social behavior)
- Bee breeding and cryopreservation
- Managed bee biodiversity (stingless bees, Apis subspecies and conservation)
- Honey traceability
- Beekeeping at the family, cooperative and national level,
- The role of beekeeping in household income generation,
- Consumer education and market expansion
BEEKEEPING FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- Nature Based Beekeeping
- Low input and sustainable Beekeeping
- Promoting Rural Youth Beekeeping Using Sustainable Methods
- Beekeeping for those Living with Disabilities
- Utilizing Indigenous Beekeeping Knowledge
- Methods to Resolve Rural Beekeeping Community Conflicts
- Impact of pesticides on bee health.
- Breeding for Disease /Mite Resistance.
- Impact of Pests, Parasites and Pathogens on Bees and their control. ( Development of bioproducts for bee health.- Honey bee microbiota and their impact on bee health.- QUEEN and drone health
- Monitoring and mitigation measures for new Invasive honeybee diseases species.
- Antimicrobial/Acaricide resistance.
BEEKEEPING TECHNOLOGY AND QUALITY
- Methods of detection of fraud in bee products
- Tools to detect fraud in beekeeping (block chain, data bank, …)
- Determination and identification of constituents and micro constituents of genuine bee product (characterization, base of the activity, …) and of contaminants.
- Sustainable management of bee colonies (included breeding and selection)
- Innovative techniques to manage bee colonies (included non intrusive techniques)